Basic Care info:
- Wash all new items before use.
- New Inserts and Training Pants are best soaked in plain water for 24hrs, then given a regular wash, without softener. This will help maximise their absorbency. Think of them as a new towel that needs fluffing up.
- Once soiled, knock off any solids into the toilet, remove the insert and give all a rinse before storing in a dry nappy pail.
- Wash within 1-2 days without using bleach or softener. You can do a warm or cold pre-wash cycle, followed by a long warm wash with your usual detergent.
- Can be tumble dried on LOW but line drying (Training Pants, inside out) in the fresh air is preferable as this will help to keep bacteria away.
- Do not use nappy creams if possible as this will reduce the absorbency. If you do need to, using a disposable nappy liner would help to protect the nappy fabric from becoming coated.
These guys at Clean Cloth Nappies are absolute gurus when it comes to everything about cleaning cloth. If you need to know anything at all, this is the place to go to. They also have a very active Facebook page with really helpful admin and members, who are only too happy to help out with any issues or questions you may have. A must for all cloth users.